Today is April 21, 2018 -
• Pick ups will be every Thursday, beginning May 26 – November 17 from 5:00pm – 7:30 pm. Vegetables for 26 weeks; fruit for 14-22 weeks.
• Distribution site: Hollis Hills Jewish Center’s Annex located at 80-11 210th Street.
• Shares delivered in boxes from the farm, please bring (3) bags to take the produce home.
• Boxes stay in the Annex and get broken down flat for the farmer to pick up.
• Hours for shift volunteers are 4:45pm – 6:15pm and 6:15pm – 7:45pm. Please make sure the entire time is covered by your group, exchange phone numbers and emails in the event you need to reach each other.
• If you are unable to make your shift, please contact the Volunteer Coordinators: Maris, Roz or Ilene.
• Fruit shares come from Briermere Farm – website www.briermerefarm.com
• Just Food our partner is a NYC-based organization that advocates for access to fresh, organic and sustainable food and connects communities to local farms – website www.justfood.org
• Each week there will be a sign-in sheet. Sign next to your name to indicate you picked up your share. If someone else is picking up they need to tell the volunteers and sign next to your name.
• If your share is not picked up it will be donated to a local charity.
• There will be a ‘Swap Box’ to exchange produce – 1 for 1 (you take out an item from the box and put in an item from your share).
• There is no guarantee on the exact amount or type of produce we will receive.
• Check out the farm’s website www.goldenearthwormfarm.com each week to learn what fresh vegetables you will be getting, a recipe will be posted, and get tips on how to store produce.
An email explaining the Volunteer Shift Procedures will be sent shortly ….
Looking forward to enjoying the harvest with you,
Co-Chairs: JoBeth Greenbaum
Naomi R. Horowitz