Summer may be quiet – but Sisterhood is really busy. This is the time of year when we begin our major planning, and also do lots of work. Every year is different, but we already know that we are going to do certain specific things:
- Honey From The Heart: You will be receiving your order sheet soon if you haven’t gotten it already. There is a limited time to get free shipping – and we hope that everyone participates in this successful “sweet” project of ORT of Atlanta.
- Membership for the year: Please plan to join us. Mailing goes out early in August. This year you will see one difference on your application. We are listing some of our programs, and asking you to please add your energy to at least one.
- Torah Fund Brunch: This is usually in November, and it is a way to honor one of our hard-working well-deserving members, and to raise money for National Women’s League, while we have a delicious brunch. We are delighted to announce that we are honoring Linda Liederman this year.
- Sisterhood Shabbat: This may be different this year too. Watch for details.
- A Holiday Bazaar: Last year was such a success that we are thinking of more things to sell – so that you don’t have to go elsewhere to do your gift shopping.
- At least one fun program together with Men’s Club.
- Plus, our Challah Bake was such a success that people are already asking if we can do it again. (Thanks go to Jo Ann Luquis for chairing, and leading us through the messy steps, and to Jo Ann, Beth Diker, and Janet Hiller for shopping and schlepping.)
- Maybe this is the year we will also do painting and wine, or go to a show, or even have some “brought in” entertainment.
Please join the Sisterhood and find out!!
Thank you in advance, Sisters of the Heart!!! We won’t be the same without you!!!