Today is May 24, 2019 -
As winter comes to an end, Sisterhood invites our members and friends to join us
in some really enjoyable activities:
• Sunday March 10th – 10 am – Please join us for breakfast, and our annual Challah bake. Bring those kids, to learn a real skill.
• Sunday, March 17th – 10 am – We need you to help create our delicious and interesting Purim Mishloach Manot baskets. Yes, there will be bagels and coffee for all, as well as lots of laughter.
• Wednesday evening, March 20th – following the Megillah reading – please help us give out those Purim baskets.
• Sunday, April 7th – 1 pm – Mah-Jongg Club again – last regular play for the season.
• Sunday, May 19th – 10:30 am – come and see a famous kosher chef at work. We are delighted that Paula Shoyer is joining us, and we are closing reservations at forty people – so don’t lose out.
• Sunday, June 2nd at 10 am and Monday evening June 24th at 7:15 pm – come to learn, in two lessons, how to make your own unique and beautiful tallit. Lessons are by Judy Greene of Marathon Jewish Center – and you should plan to come to both.
In addition, we wanted everyone to know that we have special friends who help us with items for our Purim baskets. This year we extend thanks to: Aaron’s Kissena Farms, Bonne Maman, Costco, Equal Exchange, Galil Foods, ShopRite of New Hyde Park, Sophia Foods Inc., Venus Wafer Company (available at ShopRite Trading Company and at Stew Leonard’s).
We also want to report, as per the commitment that we made right after the Tree of Life Synagogue tragedy, that our Sisterhood has made special donations in honor of the Tree of Life Congregation to the Synagogue itself, to HIAS, to the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, and to the Southern Poverty Law Center.