The synagogue affords you a multitude of opportunities to contribute to the work of HHBJC and also remember losses, honor friends and family and say thanks to those in our community with a act of Tzdakah – charity.
The general funds that support the work of HHJC are:
- HHJC General Fund : helping to defray the costs of operation of HHJC
- Etta Strassfeld Life Long Learning Fund : supporting our adult education programming including third party lectures, our scholar program; the fund also financially assists in the work of our family learning programs.
- Judith Lesnik Chesed Fund : supporting the work of our Chesed Committee in their reach out to those in need within our community; those in grief and mourning.
- Rev. Frank Strassfeld Ritual & Synagogue Fund: Insuring the upkeep and maintenance of our sanctuaries and our Torahs and religious items.
- Lena Schwartz Youth Fund : supporting our Youth programming.
- Rabbi Discretionary Fund: providing the Rabbi with a sustained source of funding for special charity work as part of his role of supporting those in our community who are in need.
- Cantor’s Choir Fund : to provide support to the development of both a Youth and Adult Choir
- Harold Ross Memorial Environmental Fund : providing financial assistance to HHJC’s “Green” commitment.
There are a number of available options to make your donation to the Hollis Hills Jewish Center: