Community Supported Agriculture is about:
- Organic veggies and fruit
- Our farm Golden Earthworm Organic Farm www.goldenearthworm.com is located on Long Island
- Season begins on June 8th. Pick-up on Thursdays – June 8 to November 16 from 5 PM to 7:30 PM. SEE BELOW FOR 2017-2018 WINTER SHARE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION.
- CSA members are expected to volunteer 4-6 hours in this community endeavor
- Shifts: 4:45 to 6:15 and 6:15 to 7:45 – 3 volunteers per shift
- Distribution site: Hollis Hills Bayside Jewish Center Annex, 80-11 210th Street
- There will be 6 to 10 items weekly. Shares are delivered in boxes, boxes are returned to the farm – bring your own bags to take produce home (we suggest 3). Boxes remain in the Annex and get broken down flat for the farmer to pick up.
- You can have your own share or partner up with a friend
- Shares will cost $540.00 (that comes out to about $22 per week) but remember, you can have partners (one check per share even if you partner with someone)
- Additional share of fresh, seasonal fruit can be purchased from Briermere Farm www.briermerefarm.com and will cost $125. Fruit share runs 18 weeks from July through October. Fruit shares are not organic
- We sell organic coffee, tea and chocolate from Equal Exchange every week at distribution. Please bring a personal check if you want to buy – we do not accept cash
- You and your family will be able to visit our farm and meet our farmer
- Recipes are included
- Just Food our partner is a NYC-based organization that advocates for access to fresh, organic and sustainable food and connects communities to local farms – wwwjustfood.org
If you have any questions please email our CSA at email@example.com
In collaboration with Golden Earthworm Organic Farm.
REGISTRATION FOR THE WINTER SHARE IS NOW CLOSED
WINTER SHARE INFORMATION
Organic Vegetable Winter Share – $115 – 4 deliveries (12/14, 1/11, 2/8, 3/8)
Box will contain 15 lbs of the following: sweet potatoes, potatoes, watermelon radish, rutabaga, carrots, beets, leeks, winter squash and possibly broccoli, kale and/or cabbage
Non-Organic Briermere Farm cider share – $25 – 4 deliveries (1/2 gal. jug each week)
Non-Organic Briermere Farm apple share – $30 – 4 deliveries (4 lb. bag each week)
Winter Delivery Schedule: Thursdays – 12/14, 1/11, 2/8, 3/8
Pick up location: Hollis Hills Bayside Jewish Center’s Annex 80-11 210th Street, Hollis Hills, NY
Pick up time: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Shifts: 4:45 pm to 6:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
All completed applications and checks must be received by November 16th
HOLLIS HILLS BAYSIDE CSA Winter Application 2017-2018 Season
Postings and Updates from the CSA Committee
- Hollis Hills Bayside CSA 2017 -6th Season Together with the Golden Earthworm Organic Farm located in Jamesport, Long Island we will begin our 6th CSA season this spring! We look forward to sharing wonderful veggies with you.
We have grown our membership with people from surrounding neighborhoods and appreciate your help to spread the word about this wonderful community program.
Here is a brief ...
- Hollis Hills CSA 2016 – 5th Season Together with the Golden Earthworm Organic Farm located in Jamesport, Long Island we will begin our 5th CSA season this spring! We look forward to sharing wonderful veggies with you.
We have grown our membership with people from surrounding neighborhoods and appreciate your help to spread the word about this wonderful community program. Many of you ...
- Hollis Hills CSA Fact Sheet • Pick ups will be every Thursday, beginning May 26 – November 17 from 5:00pm – 7:30 pm. Vegetables for 26 weeks; fruit for 14-22 weeks.
• Distribution site: Hollis Hills Jewish Center’s Annex located at 80-11 210th Street.
• Shares delivered in boxes from the farm, please bring (3) bags to take the produce home.
• Boxes stay ...