Community Supported Agriculture is about:
- Organic veggies and fruit
- Our farm Golden Earthworm Organic Farm www.goldenearthworm.com is located on Long Island
- Season begins on May 31st and ends on November 15th. Pick-up is on Thursdays – 5 PM to 7:30 PM
- CSA members are expected to volunteer 4-6 hours in this community endeavor and if you are unable to work your shift, you are responsible for finding a replacement from the membership list, and notifying Naomi Horowitz
- Shifts: 4:45 to 6:15 and 6:15 to 7:45 – 3 volunteers per shift
- Distribution site: Hollis Hills Bayside Jewish Center Annex, 80-11 210th Street
- Each week there will be a sign in sheet. You will sign next to your name to indicate that you have picked up your share. If someone else is picking up for you, they need to tell the volunteers and sign next to your name. If your share is not picked up it will be donated to a local charity
- There will be 6 to 10 items weekly. Shares are delivered in boxes, boxes are returned to the farm – bring your own bags to take produce home (we suggest 3). Boxes remain in the Annex and get broken down flat for the farmer to pick up
- There will be a swap box to exchange produce – one for one (you take out an item from the box and put in an unwanted item from your share)
- You can have your own share or partner up with a friend
- Shares will cost $555.00 (25 weeks) but remember, you can have partners (one check per share even if you partner with someone)
- Additional share of fresh, seasonal fruit can be purchased from Briermere Farm www.briermerefarm.com and will cost $95 (14 weeks). Fruit shares are not organic
- We sell organic coffee, tea and chocolate from Equal Exchange every week at distribution. Please bring a personal check if you want to buy – we do not accept cash.
- You and your family will be able to visit our farm and meet our farmer
- Recipes are included
- Just Food our partner is a NYC-based organization that advocates for access to fresh, organic and sustainable food and connects communities to local farms – wwwjustfood.org
If you have any questions please email our CSA at firstname.lastname@example.org
In collaboration with Golden Earthworm Organic Farm.
Click below for the 2018 Hollis Hills Bayside Membership Agreement
Hollis Hills Bayside CSA 2018 Membership Agreement
All completed applications and checks for the 2018 Season are due by May 3rd.
Postings and Updates from the CSA Committee
- Hollis Hills Bayside CSA 2017 -6th Season Together with the Golden Earthworm Organic Farm located in Jamesport, Long Island we will begin our 6th CSA season this spring! We look forward to sharing wonderful veggies with you.
We have grown our membership with people from surrounding neighborhoods and appreciate your help to spread the word about this wonderful community program.
Here is a brief ...
- Hollis Hills CSA 2016 – 5th Season Together with the Golden Earthworm Organic Farm located in Jamesport, Long Island we will begin our 5th CSA season this spring! We look forward to sharing wonderful veggies with you.
We have grown our membership with people from surrounding neighborhoods and appreciate your help to spread the word about this wonderful community program. Many of you ...
- Hollis Hills CSA Fact Sheet • Pick ups will be every Thursday, beginning May 26 – November 17 from 5:00pm – 7:30 pm. Vegetables for 26 weeks; fruit for 14-22 weeks.
• Distribution site: Hollis Hills Jewish Center’s Annex located at 80-11 210th Street.
• Shares delivered in boxes from the farm, please bring (3) bags to take the produce home.
• Boxes stay ...