SEE BELOW FOR 2019 SPRING/SUMMER SHARE INFORMATION
Community Supported Agriculture is about:
- Organic vegetables and supporting our farm
- Our farm GARDEN OF EVE ORGANIC FARM www.gardenofevefarm.com is located in Riverhead, Long Island
- Season begins on June 12th and ends November 20th.
- Pick-up Wednesdays – 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- CSA members are expected to volunteer 4-6 hours in this community endeavor and if you are unable to work your shift you are responsible for finding a replacement from the membership list and notify Naomi Horowitz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shifts: 4:45 pm to 6:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm – 2 volunteers per shift
- Distribution site: Hollis Hills Bayside Jewish Center Annex, 80-11 210th Street
- Each week there will be a sign in sheet. You will sign next to your name to indicate that you have picked up your share.
- If someone else is picking up for you they need to tell the volunteers and sign next to your name.
- If your share is not picked up it will be donated to a local charity
- There will be 6 to 10 items weekly.
- Shares are delivered in boxes
- Bring your own bags to take produce home (we suggest 3).
- Boxes remain in the Annex and get broken down flat for the farmer to pick up the following week
- There will be a swap box to exchange produce – one for one (you take out an item from the box and put in an unwanted item from your share)
- You can have your own share or partner up with a friend
- On-line registration with Garden of Eve due by May 15th
- HHBJC Administration Fee and Just Food donation of $15 due by May 15th – (pay by check: “HHBJC”)
- Share prices are on the Garden of Eve website. There are many options for purchasing your shares
- Additional share of fresh, seasonal fruit can be purchased. Some fruit comes from Briermere Farm www.briermerefarm.com – fruit shares are not organic
- We sell organic coffee, tea and chocolate from Equal Exchange every week at distribution. Please bring a personal check if you want to buy – we do not accept cash.
- You and your family will be able to visit our farm and meet our farmer
- Recipes are included
- Just Food our partner is a NYC-based organization that advocates for access to fresh, organic and sustainable food and connects communities to local farms – wwwjustfood.org
If you have any questions, please email our CSA at: email@example.com
In collaboration with Garden of Eve Organic Farm
2019 CSA Spring/Summer Season
All completed applications and checks must be received by MAY 15th
Applications will be available on-line and at the Annex shortly
CLICK BELOW FOR SPRING/SUMMER APPLICATION (application will open in PDF format)
Postings and Updates from the CSA Committee
- Hollis Hills Bayside CSA 2017 -6th Season Together with the Golden Earthworm Organic Farm located in Jamesport, Long Island we will begin our 6th CSA season this spring! We look forward to sharing wonderful veggies with you.
We have grown our membership with people from surrounding neighborhoods and appreciate your help to spread the word about this wonderful community program.
Here is a brief ...
- Hollis Hills CSA 2016 – 5th Season Together with the Golden Earthworm Organic Farm located in Jamesport, Long Island we will begin our 5th CSA season this spring! We look forward to sharing wonderful veggies with you.
We have grown our membership with people from surrounding neighborhoods and appreciate your help to spread the word about this wonderful community program. Many of you ...
- Hollis Hills CSA Fact Sheet • Pick ups will be every Thursday, beginning May 26 – November 17 from 5:00pm – 7:30 pm. Vegetables for 26 weeks; fruit for 14-22 weeks.
• Distribution site: Hollis Hills Jewish Center’s Annex located at 80-11 210th Street.
• Shares delivered in boxes from the farm, please bring (3) bags to take the produce home.
• Boxes stay ...