Watch here for news, announcements and posts from your Sisterhood
Grab a pen or your iCal and note
these dates! Sisterhood has lots going on – and you don’t want to miss
• Thursday March 5th at 2 pm we are filling Purim Baskets and can really use your help if you are available. We offer coffee and cookies and quick and satisfying work!
• Monday evening March 9th at 7 PM is Megillah reading – and we give the Purim baskets out afterward.
• Wednesday evening March 25th at 7:30 pm we are car-pooling and joining our sisters at Marathon Jewish Center for an extra-special Women’s Chocolate Seder.
• Sunday April 26th in the afternoon we are having our own Fun With Chocolate. Bring the kids, the grand-kids, the men in your life – all are welcome.
• Wednesday April 29th our own Laura Brodsky and Linda Liederman are presenting at the National Women’s League Brooklyn-Queens-Long Island Chapter’s Helen Cytryn Study Day, at the South Huntington Jewish Center. The theme is Chesed, Acts of Lovingkindness Within Our Communities. The time is 10 am to 2 pm, with lunch.
Continue reading →
• Sunday evening May 31st we are having Dinner and Dancing with Nancy of Dance with Me, the organizer of the weekly dances in the ballroom.
• Then we end our year on Sunday June 28th with a very special event- an afternoon of humor and music. At 4 pm we will have wine and hear once again from the Maine Rebbetzin. Pizza and salad will follow – and then the Maine Rebbetzin‘s husband and his klezmer band will entertain. We can even dance. It promises to be a terrific and fun time.
Details to follow – but please note the dates now!!
A NOTE FROM YOUR SISTERHOOD
Winter weather may be unpredictable, but your Sisterhood is not!
We know that our Purim Project will be here soon. We know that we want the Maine Rebbetzin back to entertain us all again. We know that we want to join our Marathon Jewish Center sisters at their terrific Women’s Seder. We know that we are considering a wine and painting program, and a Fun With Chocolate afternoon for families. We even know that we would like to share an event with Men’s Club, maybe including dancing….and that’s not all.
We know that we care about each other!!
Thank you for being part of our active sisterhood!!Continue reading →
A NOTE FROM SISTERHOOD
It may be cold outside, but Sisterhood hearts are always warm. We have had two totally enjoyable brunches this past fall, plus a lovely Shabbat Family/Community dinner almost in the sukkah. Then on Dec. 1st we had our Chanukah Bagels and Bargains event. Many thanks to all of you who braved nasty weather to join us. We were happy to give you a yummy bagel and were grateful that you stayed to schmooze and shop.
If you were there, and did not see something that you wish we carried in our Judaica Shop, please let us know. We may be able to get it for you, or for next year. If you didn’t make it, please be aware that we always have many beautiful gift items for sale, visible in our gift shop “windows.” If you can’t get out, and need a gift, please call Lisa at 917-282-8701, and we may be able to help.
Double thanks go to the “Chanukah Gift Shop Committee,” the intrepid women who came early and helped set us up – then stayed to help sell – and even shopped themselves. You are the best!
As we move into heavy winter, watch for Sisterhood events that are coming. Purim basket-stuffing will be here soon, and attending a women’s seder with the larger Sisterhood community.
We see all of the women of HHBJC as part of Sisterhood – but if you haven’t sent in your dues for this year yet, there is still time. We may even send you a reminder in the next few weeks.
See you soon!
What fun we had at the Torah Fund Brunch! The French Toast was yummy and honoring Laura Brodsky made the room shining and bright!
Now we have the Chanukah Bagels and Judaica Bargains sale coming up. What is this, you ask? It’s another fun event brought to you by HHBJC Sisterhood. Please join us on December 1, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the shul. Have a bagel and coffee, or a danish and tea. Schmooze with your friends. There will be lots of time to buy presents for family and friends (and maybe even a present for yourself). Marilyn Seidenfeld has been hard at work stocking our Gift Shop with new top-of-the-line items for children and adults that Sisterhood will be happy to sell. What a great way to start the new month!
Don’t forget we have Purim coming up in early March. Sisterhood will be putting together baskets (shalach manos) as we usually do, and we can use your help.
And for you Barry Manilow fans, we are planning a bus trip to the Museum of Jewish Heritage on March 15th to see a show he has written which will make its way onto Broadway shortly after. Details to follow shortly.
We are also planning a shared event with Men’s Club in the spring.
Thanks to all those of you who help plan many of these exciting events.
Continue reading →
What fun we had at our Sukkot Shabbat dinner!
Thank you to Jaye Solomowitz for arranging our involvement in the American Cancer Society Making Strides for Breast Cancer event at Jones Beach. We had some walkers and we raised hundreds of dollars.
We have our Torah Fund Brunch on November 3rd where we will be honoring the amazing Laura Brodsky.
Chanukah is approaching and we can solve your problems of what to buy for presents for your family and friends. On December 1, 2019, come eat bagels (or other sweet snacks), schmooze with friends, AND buy presents from our expanded Judaica gift shop. We will be around from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Thanks to all those of you who have come down to help plan many of these exciting events. To those who have not been able to make it, you will have more chances in the future. Come join us in all we have planned and bring us your ideas at the next planning meeting. More details to follow about a bus trip to the Museum of Jewish Heritage downtown to see a show. And maybe an event with the Men’s Club. Maybe a painting event too. Let us know your ideas!Continue reading →