The synagogue affords you a multitude of opportunities to contribute to the work of HHBJC and also remember losses, honor friends and family and say thanks to those in our community with a act of Tzdakah – charity.
- Kol Nidre Appeal – Provides for a significant proportion of the synagogue’s operating expenses, allowing HHBJC to remain financially stable and secure while continuing to provide our congregation with spiritual, educational and social opportunities. Support for the appeal also ensures that no congregant is turned away due to financial need.
- HHBJC General Fund – Supports general programming and synagogue operations throughout the year. A great way to acknowledge a birthday, anniversary, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, birth of a baby, move to a new home, or any other happy occasion as well as to honor the memory of someone who has recently passed away.
- Yahrzeit Donation – It is traditional to make a charitable donation on the anniversary of a loved one’s passing. By giving tzedakah in a person’s memory we continue the good they did in their lifetime and to make their memory a blessing. Supports the general programming and operations of the synagogue
- Etta Strassfeld Life Long Learning Fund – Supports classes, lectures, and workshops for adult learners from yearlong courses to mini-series, one time lectures and invited speakers and teachers from our local community and throughout the greater Jewish community.
- Judith Lesnik Chesed Fund – Supports the work of the committee along with the Congregational Nurse to support congregants who are facing personal health crises, concerns on care for loved ones, or needing support during times of loss. The committee work includes shiva meals, visiting those who are home bound, ill, or in hospital.
- Rev. Frank Strassfeld Ritual & Synagogue Fund – Insuring the upkeep and maintenance of our sanctuaries and our Torahs and religious items.
- Lena Schwartz Youth Fund – Supporting our Youth programming.
- Rabbi Discretionary Fund – Providing the Rabbi with a sustained source of funding for special charity work as part of his role of supporting those in our community who are in need.
- Cantor’s Choir Fund – Providing to the development of both a Youth and Adult Choir
- Harold Ross Memorial Environmental Fund – Providing financial assistance to HHBJC’s “Green” commitment.
There are a number of available options to make your donation to the Hollis Hills Jewish Center: